Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Blind, Deaf, or Mute?

Blind, deaf or mute? What an easy decision! I definitely wouldn't choose to be blind because there is so much in this world to see. One could make the argument that if someone was blind their whole life that they wouldn't know what they were missing, but I for one would want to know what I was missing. Since being deaf is usually associated with being mute, I would choose to be mute. This way I can hear without being able to talk, as opposed to not being able to hear resulting in me not being able to speak. If I was mute it would definitely cause a domino affect in making my life more efficient. It would cut out all of the time I spend on the phone. Which would allow me to finish all of my household chores and homework in a timely fashion, which in turn, would enable me to get all of the sleep that I need. With all the sleep that I need I will be able to focus more during school and make better grades. So if i had to choose I would be deaf hands down, because it would overall improve my life.

2 comments:

Frank Yancy said...

That is so cheesy, son!

Kelly said...

I like the reasons you gave for choosing to be mute, it was funny ;-) And it's easy to see why you would pick mute instead of the other two with the reasons you wrote.